HollandDoor and Fresh Studio in collaboration with Nong Lam University organized the first training week of a 2 week practical training course to build the capacity of 20 key persons active in protected horticulture in the south of Vietnam.
The practical training course was held from 24 – 28 October at the Agricultural High Tech Park in Cu Chi. For this training week 3 greenhouse crops (tomato, melon and lettuce) were established as practical training locations.
The training deals with:
1. Knowledge transfer and skills training in the field of market-oriented, sustainable (protected) cultivation
2. Training on appropriate, practical training methods for farmers, engineers and students (including course and materials development)
3. Training on the concept of knowledge sharing between farmers and sme’s (study groups)
During the first practical training week participants were trained by Jos Leeters, Geerten van der Lugt, Lo Xuan Dung and René van Rensen in:
- Fertigation and irrigation strategies for greenhouse crops
- Measuring and monitoring farm activities and greenhouse crops
- Training methodology
- Substrate characteristics and usage
- Supply chain and market trends
Through presentations, practical exercises and group discussion the trainees gained valuable insights in these subjects and how to apply these within the local situation. The enthusiasm of both the trainers and trainees resulted not only in a very successful and but also enjoyable training week as can be seen in the photo impression of the training week.
This practical training course was offered with the financial support of EP Nuffic and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands.